International Affairs FY2018
Committee: International Affairs
Committee Category: Standing Committees of the University Senate
Fiscal Year: FY2018
Fiscal Year: 2018
- Faculty Chair: Celka Straughn, Spencer Museum, (2018)
- Faculty: Melissa Birch, Business, (2018)
- Faculty: Kapila Silva, Architecture, (2019)
- Faculty: Manuela Gonzalez-Bueno, Curriculum & Teaching (2019)
- Staff: Pallavi Singh, Achievement & Assessment Inst (2020)
- Staff: Seth Brooks, Internal Audit (2019)
- Student & Vice Chair: Paola Alor, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student: Farah Salabila, email@example.com
- Ex-officio, Charlie Bankart, Associate Vice Provost, International Programs
- Promote all appropriate means of communication with International Students, Faculty and Staff, with special emphasis on seeking information from them about their needs and concerns.
- Report on and give recommendations on how International Students are made aware of various polices, such as Conceal and Carry. Due November 15, 2017.
- Report on and make recommendations on how the University may better accommodate access of International Student’s to supportive services. February 15, 2018
- Hear reports on strategic planning and activities from IP units, suggest changes or new directions, and facilitate collaboration among faculty and administrative units.
- Review and provide input on new policies that relate to international research and teaching.
- Identify concerns or issues for discussion and action related to KU’s international affairs from students, faculty, and staff.
Meeting Minutes—Report on Notifying International Students of Policies - Nov. 15, 2017 (pdf)
IA Meeting Minutes - April 5, 2018 (pdf)