Calendar Committee FY2022
Committee: Calendar Committee
Committee Category: Standing Committees of the University Senate
Fiscal Year: FY2022
Fiscal Year: 2022
- Chair: Faculty: Miloche Kottman, Libraries (2023)
- Faculty: Joseph Huber, Mathematics (2024)
- Faculty: Nyla Branscombe, Psychology (2022)
- Faculty: John Gluckman, Linguistics (2024)
- Staff: Joy Mapes, Student Access Center (2024)
- Staff: Nancy Stoms, Admissions (2023)
- Registrars Office: Tiffany Robinson
- Ex-officio (non-voting): Joe Potts, Interim Director ISSS
- Monitor compliance with University Senate Rules and Regulations 1.3.2 concerning final examinations, including: (a) ensuring that adequate arrangements are made each semester to inform students and faculty through the Schedule of Classes about the regulations governing final examinations, and the appropriate procedures to be followed if questions arise about the application of the regulations; (b) informing the teaching faculty and GTAs, via an e-mail from the chair, one week before the beginning of each semester (in August and January) of these regulations and their rationale; and (c) considering requests for exceptions, as provided in the regulations. Report actions taken on these matters to SenEx. (ongoing)
- Monitor compliance with University Senate Rules and Regulations 1.4.2 concerning the scheduling of examinations outside of regular class hours. Following the committee’s established procedures, approve or disapprove applications for tests other than final examinations to be held at times other than regular class hours. Report actions taken on these matters to SenEx.
- Review University Senate Rules and Regulations Article I. Section 3 and 4: clarify projects, performances, or papers may be due during the last week of classes, with a due date of no later than Stop Day. Should the term quizzes be included in 1.3.2 (below) Make recommendation to the University Senate Executive Committee by November 1, 2021.