SenEx Meeting Minutes
- Betsy Barnhart
- Justin Blumenstiel
- Samuel Brody
- Nate Brunsell
- Jessica Chilcoat
- Angela Davis
- DaNae Estabine
- Alessia Garcia
- Hollie Hall
- Ani Kokobobo
- Corey Maley
- Kristin Villa
- Chris Wallace
- Caty Movich
- Suzanne Scales
- Jeff Chasen
- Lou Mulligan
Approval of Previous Minutes —
Meeting minutes from November 15, 2022. Motion to approve by Chris Wallace. Seconded by Hollie Hall. Motion passed unanimously.
Student Senate Report
Student Senate final meeting of the semester is tomorrow. They will be reviewing 1 funding bill, 9 constitutional amendments, and 1 referendum bill.
Staff Senate Report
No new updates since University Senate meeting.
Faculty Senate Report
- The is a GRF allocation forum on Thursday at the Faculty Senate meeting.
- Nate met with Lou Mulligan to discuss non-tenure track faculty privileges.
- RPK presented to the steering committee of KBOR. It was the first time seeing the data. They are presenting to KBOR next Thursday (live streamed). We continue to have issues with their analysis, e.g., overly simplistic assessment of programs needing review.
- Advisory group continuing with the COACHE survey. There will be an email about progress sent out by the end of the week.
University Senate Report
- Ani will be hosted on the Chancellor’s Weekly Update to discuss shared governance.
- Ani attended a meeting organized by the Jewish Studies Program that was held in response to both the general national rise of antisemitic rhetoric and local incidents. The discussion urged that people need to feel they are safe at work and on campus. They also discussed a general need for allyship and support from the community.
- Ani met with Ada Emmett yesterday to discuss Governance’s Ombuds survey review. We will finalize a draft this week.
New Business —
Academic Programs & Policies Charge—Review Academic Forgiveness
- AP&P committee is reviewing the academic forgiveness policy in the USRR. They are still working on this, but we can see some of their progress already. Their goal is to make this more useful for students.
- We will invite Joe Walden to present to SenEx and have more discussion at the next meeting.
Moved to closed session. Motion by Chris Wallace. Seconded by Corey Maley.