Retirees Rights and Benefits FY2020
Chair: Paul Laird, Music (2022)
Emeritus Faculty: Ed Martinko (2022)
Unclassified Staff: Sandy Patchen, Public Safety Office (2020)
Retired Unclassified Staff: Susan Grobeck-Tedesco, Retired UPS (2021)
University Support Staff: Christopher Young (2022)
Retired University Support Staff: Peggy Robinson
President-elect of Endacott Society: Jo Cink email@example.com
Ex officio, non-voting:
Chris Brown, Vice Provost, Faculty Development
Approved by SenEx: May 28,2019
Approved by University Senate: September 12, 2019
For further information or to schedule a meeting with SenEx to discuss charges or the committee’s work, contact SenEx Chair Suzanne Valdez.
- Minutes of each meeting should be e-mailed to the Governance Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) as they are approved. The minutes will be posted to the Governance web site
- If the committee is recommending a change to university policy or rules, SenEx must officially receive that recommendation by March 24, 2020 in order to meet timeline requirements for full review by Governance.
- Please send a report of the committee’s actions on each of the charges, as well as any recommendations the committee wishes to make concerning charges or membership for the following academic year, to University Governance, at email@example.com, and submit the final report by April 17, 2020.
FY2020 Standing charges:
- Promote all appropriate means of communication with retirees, with special emphasis on seeking information from them about their needs and concerns.
- Consult with SenEx about views and concerns related to retirees.
- Seek feedback from retirees and University offices about the Retirees Handbook and work with staff to ensure that it remains current. (ongoing)
- Maintain a list of recent retirees from the faculty, unclassified professional staff and university support staff, that would like to serve on this committee.
FY2020 Specific charges:
- Work with HR to pursue the possibility of creating a checklist for inclusion with the individualized email retirement document.