Retirees Rights and Benefits FY2021
Retirees Rights and Benefits: This committee works to promote communication with retirees, support their participation in the life of the university, inform retirees of their rights, and otherwise improve the experience of retirees both as an acknowledgment of valued service and as an important asset for the university.
The Committee on Retirees Rights and Benefits shall be composed of one active faculty member, who shall serve as chair; one retired faculty member; one active and one retired unclassified professional staff member; and one active and one retired university support staff member. All of the aforementioned shall serve three-year staggered terms. The committee shall also include the President of the Endacott Society or designate, and an ex-officio, non-voting member from the office of the Provost.
Chair: Paul Laird, Music (2022)
Emeritus Faculty: Ed Martinko (2022)
Unclassified Staff: Annette Delaney, Kansas Geological Survey (2023)
Retired Unclassified Staff: Susan Gronbeck-Tedesco, Retired UPS (2021)
University Support Staff: Delores Barnard, O’Leary SSC (2023)
Retired University Support Staff: Peggy Robinson, Resigned
President-elect of Endacott Society: Folabo Soyinka Ajayi, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ex officio, non-voting: Chris Brown, Vice Provost, Faculty Development
Approved by SenEx: May 29, 2020
Approved by University Senate: September 10, 2020
For further information or to schedule a meeting with SenEx to discuss charges or the committee’s work, contact SenEx Chair Sanjay Mishra.
- Minutes of each meeting should be e-mailed to the Governance Office (email@example.com) as they are approved. The minutes will be posted to the Governance web site
- If the committee is recommending a change to university policy or rules, please contact Ellen Slikker at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please send a report of the committee’s actions on each of the charges, as well as any recommendations the committee wishes to make concerning charges or membership for the following academic year, to University Governance, at email@example.com, and submit the final report by April 30, 2021.
- Promote all appropriate means of communication with retirees, with special emphasis on seeking information from them about their needs and concerns.
- Consult with SenEx about views and concerns related to retirees.
- Seek feedback from retirees and University offices about the Retirees Handbook and work with staff to ensure that it remains current. (ongoing)
- Maintain a list of recent retirees from the faculty, unclassified professional staff, and university support staff, that would like to serve on this committee.
- Report on requests made in FY20 to Chris Brown about retiree access to software, living issues, etc.