Restricted Research FY2022
Chair: Gene Rankey, Geology (2022)
Mark Shiflett, Chemical and Petroleum Engineering (2022)
Andrew McKenzie, Linguistics (2022)
Dan Dixon, Molecular Biosciences (2023)
Michael Rubin, Chemistry (2024)
Jide Wintoki, Business (2024)
Ex-Officio, non-voting: Barbara Kerr, Educational Psychology (2022), firstname.lastname@example.org
FY2022 Charges Restricted Research
Approved by FacEx: June 7, 2021
Approved by Faculty Senate: September 23, 2021
Pursuant to the university’s restricted research policy (FSRR Article IX), this committee reviews and, if appropriate under that policy, approves proposals for exceptions to the university policy against engaging in research that is subject to restrictions on the transparency of data or the dissemination of results.
Membership: 6 faculty members holding regular appointments to the graduate faculty, appointed to staggered three-year terms, with two members rotating each year. The Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Studies or designee and the Chair of the Faculty Senate Research Committee, or designee, will be ex-officio, non-voting members of the committee.
For further information or to schedule a meeting with FacEx to discuss charges or the committee’s work, contact FacEx Chair Paola Sanguinetti.
- Minutes of each meeting should be e-mailed to the Governance Office (email@example.com) as they are approved. The minutes will be posted to the Governance website.
- If the committee is recommending a change to university policy or rules, please contact Kathy Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please send a report of the committee’s actions on each of the charges, as well as any recommendations the committee wishes to make concerning charges or membership for the following academic year, to University Governance, at email@example.com, and submit the final report by April 29, 2022.
FY2022 Standing charges:
- Pursuant to the university’s restricted research policy (FSRR Article IX), review and, if appropriate under that policy, approve proposals for exceptions to the university policy against engaging in research that is subject to restrictions on the transparency of data or the dissemination of results.
- Publish each of the Committee’s recommendations in a notice to the Faculty Senate Research Committee in a timely manner. The notice shall include:
- Title of project;
- Name of principal investigator or project director;
- Source or sources of funds for support of project;
- Action by the Restricted Research Committee as to approval or
- If approved, a short statement of justification for the proposed research in terms of the purposes of the University and in the light of the criteria for approval as listed in FSRR Article IX. Section 4. D.: If disapproved, a short statement of the reasons for rejection.
- Make an annual report to the Faculty Senate Executive Committee, listing each restrictive grant or contract considered during the year, to include references to all information identified in FSRR Article IX. Section 4.C. 2.