Planning and Resources FY2015
Planning and Resources FY2015
Committee:Planning and Resources
Category:Standing Committees of the University Senate
Planning and Resources (P&R): This committee provides the governance voice and works with administration officials and other governance bodies in the planning processes of the university, including such matters as institutional strategic planning, tuition and related budgetary proposals, and the physical environment of the university campus.
Chair: Ron Ash, Business (2015)
Katherine Clark, History (2017)
Caroline Bennett, Civil/Environ/Arch Engineering (2016)
Donita Shaw, Curriculum & Teaching, Faculty (2016)
Abby Schletzbaum, firstname.lastname@example.org, Student
Angela Murphy, email@example.com, Graduate Student
Susan Mercer, Inst for Policy & Social Res, Unclassified Staff (2015)
Easan Selvan, Information Technology, Unclassified Staff (2017)
Pat Owens, Urban Planning, University Support Staff (2017)
Ex-officio: Deb Teeter, Director, Office of Insti. Rsch and Planning
Diane Goddard, VP Adm & Fin & Comptroller
Approved by SenEx: May 27, 2014
Approved by University Senate: September 11, 2014
- For further information or to schedule a meeting with SenEx to discuss charges or the committee’s work, contact SenEx Chair Jonathan Mayhew at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minutes of each meeting should be e-mailed to the Governance Office (email@example.com) as they are approved. The minutes will be posted to the Governance web site.
- If the committee is recommending a change to university policy or rules, SenEx must officially receive that recommendation by 3/24/15 in order to meet timeline requirements for full review by Governance.
- Please send a report of the committee’s actions on each of the charges, as well as any recommendations the committee wishes to make concerning charges or membership for the following academic year, to University Governance, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the names of committee members and submit the report by April 1, 2015. If the committee still expects to conduct business after April 1, please submit a report by April 1 and later submit any addenda that may be appropriate.
- Participate in the University’s planning processes by communicating with the Provost and the Provost’s senior staff on matters of capital strategic planning, infrastructure, IT resources, and sustainability, and examine how current financial circumstances (the health of the state economy, current university indebtedness, school-specific fees and charges, etc.) will influence such projects. Coordinate with ACEC of IT matters. Report issues and any recommendations for action to Sen Ex. (ongoing)
- Monitor the University budget. When current financial circumstances result in changes to annual spending plans, advise SenEx and suggest any actions the committee would deem helpful. (ongoing)
- Provide committee representation at hearings held by the Provost and the Provost’s senior staff to review planning reports and budgetary submissions made by the various units. Report issues and any recommendations to SenEx for consideration. (ongoing)
- Monitor changes in tuition plans and their effects on allocation of resources across the university. Report recommendations to SenEx for action. (ongoing)
- Monitor and examine the partnerships between KU and outside contractors and consultants. Coordinate with other relevant committees, for example, International Affairs. Report areas of potential concern to SenEx.
- Report on the progress of implementing both the Campus Master plan and the Science Master Plan. (Contact for Science Master Plan-Tracy Horstman, Assistant Vice Provost for Capital Planning & Space Management and Jim Modig University Architect/Director, Design & Construction Management.)
- Review standing charges and recommend modifications. Report to SenEx by February 1, 2015.