Faculty Research FY2022
Faculty Research 2022
Category:Standing Committees of the Faculty Senate
Chair Barbara Kerr, Educational Psychology (2022), email@example.com
PHARMACY Linqin Zhao, Pharmacology & Toxicology (2022), firstname.lastname@example.org
Libraries Lea Currie, Libraries (2022), email@example.com
CLAS Celka Straughn, Spencer Art Museum (2022) firstname.lastname@example.org
LAW LIBRARY Blake Wilson, Law Library, 2023, email@example.com
SOCIAL WELFARE Meredity Bagwell-Gray, Social Welfare (2023), firstname.lastname@example.org
CLAS Michael Engel, Ecol &Evol Bio/Nat Hist Biodiv (2023)
CLAS Satya Mandal, Math, (2023)
CLAS Dorice Elliott, English, (2023)
CLAS Linda Stone-Ferrier, History of Art (2024)
Engineering*Joshua Roundy, CEAE (2024)
Pharmacy*Sarah Shrader, Pharmacy, (2024)
Simon Atkinson, Vice Chancellor for Research , email@example.com
Ex-officio: Belinda Sturm, Associate Vice Chancellor Research, firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Student Representative: TBD
FY2022 Charges Faculty Research
Approved by FacEx: June 7, 2021
Approved by Faculty Senate: September 23, 2021
This committee monitors and communicates with administration personnel and governance bodies concerning support for and policies concerning faculty research activities, including the allocation of GRF funds, the implementation of the restricted research policy, and other issues affecting the research environment at KU.
Membership: Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Studies; twelve members of the Faculty serving staggered three-year terms, with not more than one member of any department; one graduate student member elected by the Executive Committee of the Graduate Student Council, who shall participate only in the policy-making functions of the committee; and the Associate Vice Provost for Research who shall be a non‑voting member and who shall serve as secretary of the committee.
For further information or to schedule a meeting with FacEx to discuss charges or the committee’s work, contact FacEx Chair Rémy Lequesne.
- Minutes of each meeting should be e-mailed to the Governance Office (email@example.com) as they are approved. The minutes will be posted to the Governance web site.
- If the committee is recommending a change to university policy or rules, please contact Kathy Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please send a report of the committee’s actions on each of the charges, as well as any recommendations the committee wishes to make concerning charges or membership for the following academic year, to University Governance, at email@example.com, and submit the final report by April 29, 2022.
FY2021 Standing charges:
- Monitor the administration of the General Research Fund (GRF) and make recommendations, as needed, to ensure its effectiveness and appropriate utilization.
- FY2022 Committee: Conduct three-year review of the GRF in fall 2021. The FSRC should pay particular attention to the entities’ different eligibility requirements for the competition (some entities accept applications from tenured or tenure-track faculty only while at least one other entity accepts applications from lecturers) in determining the degree to which entities are making effective use of the GRF. Reevaluate the allocation method for the GRF (see analysis in FSRC FY19 Final Report).
FY2022 Specific charges:
- Explore ways to assess the effects on KU research and scholarship of budget cuts, budget models.
- Explore ways to revitalize the intellectual climate and culture at KU.