Faculty Research FY2018
Committee: Faculty Research
Committee Category: Standing Committees of the Faculty Senate
Fiscal Year: FY2018
Fiscal Year: 2018
- Chair: Ivana Radovanovic, Anthropology (2019)
- Sarah Robins, Philosophy (2020)
- Nyla Branscombe, Psychology, (2018)
- Ron Hui, EECS, (2018)
- Bozenna Pasik-Duncan, Math (2018)
- James Thorp, Kansas Biological Survey (2019)
- Yan Bing Zhang, Communication Studies (2019)
- John Keating, Economics (2019)
- Diane Fourny, Humanities (2019)
- Sherri Brown, Libraries (2020)
- Becci Akin, Social Welfare (2020)
- Peter Bobkowski, Journalism (2020)
- John Colombo, Interim Vice Chancellor for Research
- Ex-officio: Rodolfo Torres, Associate Vice Chancellor Research
- Graduate Student Representative: TBD
- FY2019: Monitor the administration of the General Research Fund (GRF) and make recommendations, as needed, to ensure its effectiveness and appropriate utilization. Report to FacEx by 3/8/19.
- Monitor the execution of the University’s Restricted Research Policy (Faculty Senate Rules and Regulations, Article IX) in handling requests for exceptions.
- Monitor the implementation of policies and procedures for determining which proposals will go forward in cases where the number of grant applications that may be submitted from the University is limited. Identify problems or concerns, and report issues and recommendations to FacEx.
- Reevaluate the allocation method for the GRF (see analysis in FSRC FY17 Final Report).