Faculty Compensation FY2020
Committee: Faculty Compensation
Committee Category: Standing Committees of the Faculty Senate
Fiscal Year: FY2020
Fiscal Year: 2020
- Chair: Mark Holder, Ecology & Evolutionary Biology (2020)
- Hossein Saiedian, Engineering (2022)
- Josh Arpin, Business (2022)
- Cambrey Nguyen, Pharmacy (2020)
- David Weis, Chemistry (2021)
- Ex-officio member: Chris Brown, Vice Provost, Faculty Development
- Collect information on levels and distribution of faculty salaries. Report and make policy recommendations to FacEx and the Faculty Senate, including a 1-page executive summary of the Final Report.
- Examine the OIRP report (it should be run in late spring or summer of 2019) on equity in salaries of all faculty (tenure track and non-tenure track, including unclassified academic staff).
- Work with OIRP to design a set of metrics to follow related to detailed teasing apart of changes in salary levels at KU. Speciﬁcally:
- statistics about factors that could inﬂuence salary (bearing in mind that some of these may require permission to use data that is richer than simple average salaries for each rank);
- comparative cost of living measure at peer institutions based on the Runzheimer index;
- research how the voluntary separation incentive policy will affect data in the next few years; and
- information about total compensation (salary plus monetary value of beneﬁts) to provide a more holistic summary of faculty compensation.
- Obtain the basic data for the standing charge from OIRP in early 2020.
- Write the committee’s report with comments on the equity analysis and basic salary data.
- Work with OIRP to assure that an analysis of factors contributing to salary changes is run in the spring or summer of 2020.
- Meet with Staff Senate to obtain information on the Employee Tuition Assistance Proposal and report on current status of the proposal.