Faculty Compensation FY2016
Committee: Faculty Compensation
Committee Category: Standing Committees of the Faculty Senate
Fiscal Year: FY2016
Fiscal Year: 2016
- Chair: Susan King, HSES, (2018)
- Robert Schwaller, History, (2018)
- Arlene Barry, Curriculum & Teaching (2017)
- Sara Wilson, Mechanical Engineering (2017)
- John Keating, Economics (2016)
- Jorge Perez, Spanish & Portuguese (2016)
- Ex-officio member, Mary Lee Hummer, Vice Provost, Faculty Development
- Continue to monitor the level and distribution of faculty salaries to identify issues and concerns. Report issues, problems, and recommendations to FacEx (ongoing).
- Continue the cooperative communication between the Chairs of the Planning and Resources and Faculty Compensation committees to facilitate coordination on issues of mutual concern. Report issues and recommendations to FacEx (ongoing).
- Review KU furlough policies and any implementation plans that may arise in the coming fiscal year. Make report and, if necessary, recommendations to FacEx by Dec.1, 2015.
- Continue to work with the Office of the Provost to implement an expanded tuition assistance policy.
- Continue to monitor the intellectual property issues and faculty compensation provided to support the development and offering of online courses.
- Continue to work with OIRP to obtain quantitative analysis of faculty salary compression by school and libraries.
- Report to FacEx by December 1. 2015.