Retirees Rights and Benefits FY2023
Committee: Retirees Rights and Benefits
Committee Category: Standing Committees of the University Senate
Fiscal Year: FY2023
Fiscal Year: 2023
- John Poggio, EPSY, Faculty, 2024 (Chair)
- Ed Martinko, Emeritus Faculty, 2022
- Annette Delaney, Kansas Geological Survey, Unclassified Staff, 2023
- TBD, Retired Unclassified Staff, 2024
- Delores Barnard, O'Leary SSC, University Support Staff, 2023
- Charlotte Goodman, Retired University Support Staff, 2023
- Ed Meyen, President Endacott Society
- Lou Mulligan, Vice Provost, Faculty Affairs, Ex officio
- Promote all appropriate means of communication with retirees, with special emphasis on seeking information from them about their needs and concerns.
- Consult with SenEx about views and concerns related to retirees.
- Seek feedback from retirees and University offices about the Retirees Handbook and work with staff to ensure that it remains current. Any updates need to be approved by Human Resources, Madi Vannaman. Once approved the Governance Office will forward changes to the Policy Office. (ongoing)
- Maintain a list of recent retirees from the faculty, unclassified professional staff, and university support staff, that would like to serve on this committee.
- The committee should survey retirees in FY2023.
- Work with Human Resources to reinforce the announcements regarding retiree health insurance, Medicare, TIAA/CREF, KPERS, voluntary investments, etc.
- Coordinate with HR and administration to hold a Town Hall meeting, with a panel of retirees for discussion on the experiences and topics for retirement.
- Follow up with administration regarding FY2022, Retirees Rights and Benefits Final report and recommendations send to the Provost and Chancellor.