International Affairs FY2023
Committee: International Affairs
Committee Category: Standing Committees of the University Senate
Fiscal Year: FY2023
Fiscal Year: 2023
- Sunita Gandhi, Watson Library, Staff, 2024 (Chair)
- Minyoung Kim, Business, Faculty, 2025
- Julius Kyakuwa, Music Education, Faculty, 2024
- Yi-Yang Chen, Music, Faculty, 2025
- Patricia Lowe, EPSY, Faculty, 2025
- Elena Semyonova-Smith, Award Processing Services, Staff, 2025
- Wyatt Haywood, Slavic, German, and Eurasian Studies, Staff, 2025
- Hollie Hall, Voting Student
- Hara Talasila, Voting Student
- Charlie Bankart, Associate Vice Provost, International Programs, Ex-officio
- Develop contact with the leadership of international student organizations and international student senators, and other interested parties.
- Continue to review and as needed make recommendations on how the University may better accommodate access of International Students to supportive services.
- As needed review and provide input on new policies that relate to international studies, research, teaching, and exchange programs.
- Continue to assess and as needed make recommendations on how the University may better acknowledge and support international students and incorporate cross-cultural competencies within the university’s diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging (DEIB) mission and initiatives.
- Review the International Student Fee and how it is utilized.
- International Affairs Committee will review the final ACE Internalization Lab peer review report and recommendations, and provide feedback. Based on peer experts’ report, International Affairs Committee will provide recommendations to SenEx about how International Affairs Committee and SenEx can be more engaged in and contribute more to KU’s internalization and globalization efforts.
- International Affairs Committee will consider how recommendations from the peer experts’ report can be implemented to align with the Jayhawks Rising strategic plan.
- International Affairs Committee needs to continue to monitor events and global challenges like war, women rights, economic insecurities, and how these are impacting or being experienced by our international students. We as a committee, need to communicate with international student.
Meeting Minutes—IA Meeting Minutes - Oct. 11, 2022
IA Meeting Minutes - Nov. 22, 2022
IA Meeting Minutes - Feb. 7, 2023
IA Meeting Minutes - March 1, 2023
IA Meeting Minutes - March 29, 2023