International Affairs FY2020
Committee: International Affairs
Committee Category: Standing Committees of the University Senate
Fiscal Year: FY2020
Fiscal Year: 2020
- Chair: Peter Ukpokodu, African/African American Studies (2021)
- Faculty: Virginia Harper Ho, Law (2021)
- Faculty: Kwangok Song, C&T (2022)
- Faculty: Whitney Baker, Libraries (2022)
- Staff: Billie Archer (2021)
- Staff: Aramis Watson (2022)
- Voting, Student: Humberto Salinas Gomez
- Voting, Student: Jessy Ayestas
- Ex-officio: Charlie Bankart, Associate Vice Provost, International Programs
- Develop contact with the leadership of International Student Association and organizations and international student senators.
- Continue to review and as needed make recommendations on how the University may better accommodate access of International Student’s to supportive services.
- As needed review and provide input on new policies that relate to international research and teaching.
- As needed review and provide input on new policies that relate to international studies, research, and teaching, received
- Review the committee recommendations from the FY2019 Final Report regarding Graduate Studies Admissions Policy. Meet with Graduate Studies regarding the recommendations, to determine if they are feasible.
- Determine international student retention rate over the past three years. Compare retention rates of direct recruitment international students with Shorelight international students.
- Request an update from the KUIA units, focusing on an assessment of the effectiveness of the new structure and responsibilities and on possible further improvements/changes.