Faculty Rights Board FY2023
Committee: Faculty Rights Board
Committee Category: Standing Committees of the Faculty Senate
Fiscal Year: FY2023
Fiscal Year: 2023
- Michael Hoeflich, Law, JD, Faculty, 2024 (Chair)
- Ani Kokobobo, FacEx, Faculty, 2023
- Joe Harrington, English, AAUP, Faculty, 2024
- Roberta Schwartz, Music, Faculty, 2024
- Bozenna Pasik-Duncan, CLAS, Faculty, 2024
- Hear promptly all concerns and claims brought to the attention of the committee by members of the faculty regarding faculty rights, including promotion, tenure, non-reappointment, dismissal and academic freedom, pursuant to Article XIII, Section 3 of the University Senate Code and Article VI of the FSRR. Report issues or problems of concern to governance to FacEx, with due regard for the confidentiality of individual cases (ongoing).
- Be prepared to review recommendations from the Ad-Hoc Committee reviewing the Procedures of the Faculty Rights Board for Hearing Appeals involving Administrative Action of Dismissal of a Tenured Faculty Member (if it should continue to meet), along with any recommendations from FRPR.
- Re-examine the procedures and rules for bringing appeals of P & T decisions and making recommendations for changes, especially because the current procedures and FSRR set forth very restrictive grounds for appeals, have a very compressed period for filing them, and provide no standard of evidence.