Faculty Research FY2021
Committee: Faculty Research
Committee Category: Standing Committees of the Faculty Senate
Fiscal Year: FY2021
Fiscal Year: 2021
- Chair: Steven Maynard-Moody, School of Public Affairs & Admin. (2021), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paulette Spencer, Mech. Eng. (2021) email@example.com
- Abel Chikanda, Geography & Atmo Science (2021) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liqin Zhao, Pharmacology & Toxicology (2022), email@example.com
- Lea Currie, Libraries (2022), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Celka Straughn, Spencer Art Museum (2022) email@example.com
- Barbara Kerr, Educational Psychology (2022), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blake Wilson, Law Library, (2023), email@example.com
- Meredith Bagwell-Gray, Social Welfare (2023), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Engel, Ecol &Evol Bio/Nat Hist Biodiv (2023)
- Satya Mandal, Math, (2023)
- Dorice Elliott, English, (2023)
- Simon Atkinson, Vice Chancellor for Research, email@example.com
- Ex-officio: Belinda Sturm, Associate Vice Chancellor Research, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate Student Representative: TBD
- Monitor the administration of the General Research Fund (GRF) and make recommendations, as needed, to ensure its effectiveness and appropriate utilization.
- FY2022 Committee: Conduct three-year review of the GRF in spring 2022. The FSRC should pay particular attention to the entities’ different eligibility requirements for the competition (some entities accept applications from tenured or tenure-track faculty only while at least one other entity accepts applications from lecturers) in determining the degree to which entities are making effective use of the GRF. Reevaluate the allocation method for the GRF (see analysis in FSRC FY19 Final Report).
- Monitor the implementation of policies and procedures for determining which proposals will go forward in cases where the number of grant applications that may be submitted from the University is limited. Identify problems or concerns, and report issues and recommendations to FacEx. Policy located in Policy Library, Institutional Endorsement of Proposals when Submissions are Limited by External Funding Agency: Institutional Endorsement
- Ask Vice Chancellor for Research Atkinson to update FSRC on plans and actions to enhance KU’s research infrastructure and engagement and how these plans and actions help secure our standing within AAU.
- Ask VC Atkinson to report to FSRC on how KU research is responding to the Covid-19 shut-down and its aftershocks.
- Report on what implications Research faced due to the pandemic, and the closing of campus.