Calendar Committee FY2019
Committee: Calendar Committee
Committee Category: Standing Committees of the University Senate
Fiscal Year: FY2019
Fiscal Year: 2019
- Chair: Mary Fry, HSES, (2019)
- Faculty: Laurie Ramirez, Social Welfare, (2021)
- Faculty: Mazhar Arikan, Business, (2019)
- Faculty: Julia Broxholm, Music (2021)
- Staff: Wendy Bridges, Office Event Mgmt. & Protocol (2021)
- Staff: Nhan, Nguyen, Research, (2020)
- Registrars Office Interim: Tiffany Robinson
- Student: Andrew Moore
- Student: Max Schieber
- Student: Molly Harrigan
- Ex-officio (non voting): Registrar KUMC: Marla Herron, Registrar, email@example.com
- Ex-officio (non voting): Charles Olcese, Director ISSS - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monitor compliance with University Senate Rules and Regulations 1.3.2 concerning final examinations, including: (a) ensuring that adequate arrangements are made each semester to inform students and faculty through the Schedule of Classes about the regulations governing final examinations, and the appropriate procedures to be followed if questions arise about the application of the regulations; (b) informing the teaching faculty and GTAs, via an e-mail from the chair, one week before the beginning of each semester (in August and January) of these regulations and their rationale; and (c) considering requests for exceptions, as provided in the regulations. Report actions taken on these matters to SenEx. (ongoing)
- Monitor compliance with University Senate Rules and Regulations 1.4.2 concerning the scheduling of examinations outside of regular class hours. Following the committee’s established procedures, approve or disapprove applications for tests other than final examinations to be held at times other than regular class hours. Report actions taken on these matters to SenEx.
- Update the five-year calendar. Report to SenEx by November 27, 2018.
- Coordinate with Haskell Indian Nations University and other local schools on Commencement dates, particularly for the Spring semester (contact Governance for information).
- Explore the possibility of removing the fall break (Monday/Tuesday) and replacing it with a full-week break during the current Thanksgiving break in November. (Attached copy of KBOR approved academic calendars for 2019-2020, 2020-2021, 2021-2022)