Academic Policies and Procedures FY2018
Committee: Academic Policy and Procedures
Committee Category: Standing Committees of the University Senate
Fiscal Year: 2018
- Chair: Karen Moeller, Pharmacy Practice, (2018)
- Faculty: Lea Currie, Libraries, Faculty (2018)
- Faculty: Mohamed El-Hodiri, Economics (2018)
- Faculty: Nancy Jo Kepple, Social Welfare, (2019)
- Faculty: Joo Ok Kim, American Studies, (2019)
- Faculty: Martin Nedbal, Music (2020)
- Faculty: Joe Walden, Business (2020)
- Faculty: Monica Simonsen, Special Education (2020) (need to skype in for meetings)
- Staff: Sarah Jean Coughlan, Public Safety (2019)
- Staff: Matt Deakyne, IT (2020)
- Student & Vice Chair: Furgan Mohammed, email@example.com
- Student: Trisha Decker firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate Student: Jordan Haas, email@example.com
- Ex-officio, non-voting: Jason O’Connor, Business, Undergraduate Advising Executive Committee
- Ex-officio, non-voting: Cassie Keefer, University Registrar designee
- Ex-officio, non-voting: Karen Ledom, Director of Student Academic Services in the CLAS
- Be prepared to respond to SenEx requests for reviews of academic policy issues. (ongoing)
- Monitor proposals for academic program restructuring and discontinuance, hold hearings, and follow other procedures in accordance with Article VIII of the University Senate Rules and Regulations. Report issues or recommendations for action to SenEx. (ongoing)
- Consider input from Student Senate on desired changes to academic policies. (ongoing)
- FY2021 Committee – Review the University of Kansas’ Financial Exigency policy found in USRR, Art VII. (See Governance Office for information.) It was last reviewed by AP&P in FY16 and they did not suggest any changes at that time. USRR 7.5.1 states that “Every five years after the official acceptance of this document by the Chancellor, it shall be reviewed by the University administration and by AP&P. Either group may then suggest revisions to the document.” Any changes to the policy would ultimately go to the University Senate for a vote.
- Review the proposed USRR 1.4.6 on student exam exception policy for life circumstances proposed by the Student Senate.
- Continue to monitor and report on the Academic Accelerator Program and its partnership with Shorelight. Update data reported last year. Report to SenEx by December 1, 2017.
- Working with the IT Security Officer, AP&P should establish protocols to ensure maintenance of individual privacy in any changes to technology implementation.
Final Reports and Outcomes—AP&P Final Report FY2018 (pdf)
KUAAP Report (pdf)
KU IT Security Report (pdf)