Academic Computing and Electronic Communications FY2016
Committee: Academic Computing and Electronic Communications
Committee Category: Standing Committees of the University Senate
Fiscal Year: FY2016
Fiscal Year: 2016
- Chair: Perry Alexander, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Faculty Senate Rep: Megan Patterson, Education, (2016)
- Faculty: David Guth, Journalism, (2018)
- Faculty: Hongguo Xu, Mathematics (2018)
- Faculty: Sarah Goodwin Thiel, Libraries, (2018)
- Faculty: Eric Deeds, Bioinformatics (2016)
- Staff: Christopher Young, Facilities Services, (2018)
- Staff: Jennifer Talbott, Spencer Museum of Art (2017)
- Staff: Brad McClung, IT, (2017)
- Student & Vice Chair: Baxter Vaz
- Graduate Student: Brent Lee
- Ex-officio: Easan Selvan, IT Services
- Ex-officio: Jeff Chasen, Director of Institutional Compliance
- Monitor current and proposed policy concerning security of information, intellectual property rights and responsibilities, and other matters relating to information technology. Identify issues for which policy should be developed or revised. Report issues and any recommendations for action to SenEx. (ongoing)
- Working together with RGS, create a recommendation on how Information Technology could better accommodate research. The following should be among the issues addressed:
- Archival file storage
- Grant accommodation and development
- Monitor the continued progress in installation of the ubiquitous wireless initiative.
- Continue monitoring the progress of the “one campus” initiatives for IT such as “One Network” and “Single Identity.”
- Consider how to address the issue of members of the KU community using alternative tools (e.g., Dropbox) to those provided by KU (e.g., HawkDrive).
- Monitor the development of the Technology Governance System to ensure that it includes equal and proper representation of staff, faculty, and students.
- Develop a line of communication between ACEC and IT for inclusion in the Technology Governance System.