Academic Computing and Electronic Communications FY2014
Committee: Academic Computing and Electronic Communications
Committee Category: Standing Committees of the University Senate
Fiscal Year: FY2014
Fiscal Year: 2014
- Chair: Sara Morris, Libraries (2014)
- Faculty Senate Rep: Jeremy Martin, Mathematics (2014)
- Perry Alexander, EECS (2015)
- Allison Reeve, Wheat Law Library, (2015)
- Eric Deeds, Bioinformatics (2016)
- Sam Lamb, Student, Vice Chair
- TBD, Graduate Student
- Paul Espinosa, IT, Unclassified Staff (2015)
- Laura Green, Provost Office, Unclassified Staff (2014)
- Brent Schultz, Applied Behavioral Science, University Support Staff (2014)
- Ex-officio: Paul Farran, IT Services
- Ex-officio: Jane Rosenthal, Director, Privacy Office
- Monitor current and proposed policy concerning security of information, intellectual property rights and responsibilities, and other matters relating to information technology. Identify issues for which policy should be developed or revised. Report issues and any recommendations for action to SenEx. (ongoing)
- Report to SenEx on issues in the of ACEC purview with respect to Changing for Excellence and Bold Aspirations. Reports should be sent by December 2, 2013 and April 1, 2014.
- Working together with RGS, create a recommendation on how Information Technology could better accommodate research. The following should be among the issues addressed
- Archival file storage
- Grant accommodation and development
- Monitor the continued progress in installation of the ubiquitous wireless initiative.
- Further study the issue of granting elevated rights to users if such rights are required by their positions. Working with Information Technology, develop a quantitative study including the extent of the problem, technical issues, documentation and recommended solutions for official adoption.
- Continue monitoring the progress of the “one campus” initiatives for IT such as “One Network” and “Single Identity”.