Academic Computing and Electronic Communications FY2019
Committee: Academic Computing and Electronic Communications
Committee Category: Standing Committees of the University Senate
Fiscal Year: FY2019
Fiscal Year: 2019
- Chair: Larry Hoyle, IPSR, (2019)
- Faculty (Libraries): Angela Rathmel, Libraries (2021)
- Faculty:, Mathew Jacobson, Film and Media (2021)
- Faculty: Siyuan Han, Physics & Astronomy (2019)
- Faculty: Suman Mallik, Business (2019)
- Staff: Boryana Koseva, K-INBRE, (2020)
- Staff: Kumuditha Ratnayake, Chemistry, (2020)
- Voting, Student: Samson Schaefer, email@example.com
- Voting, Graduate Student, Eliza Kassebaum, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ex-officio: Eric Freeze, IT Services
- Ex-officio: David Day, IT (Visitor)
- Ex-officio: Jeff Chasen, Associate Vice Provost, Compliance
- Monitor current and proposed policy concerning security of information, intellectual property rights and responsibilities, and other matters relating to information technology. Identify issues for which policy should be developed or revised. Report issues and any recommendations for action to SenEx. (ongoing)
- Continue to review Blackboard from the perspective of functionality and cost, including cloud hosting mode and the mobile version of Blackboard.
- Follow-up and review any new IT policies received by SenEx, proposed by IT.
- Continue to monitor IT efforts to determine varying needs of multiple user communities on campus, and recommend possible improvements. Evaluate the effect of process changes to Faculty, Staff and Students shared mailboxes.
- Investigate best practices in training and providing the proper tools across campus to increase use of software.
- Meet with the IT Security Officer to establish protocols to ensure maintenance of individual privacy in technology implementation
- Follow up on town-halls focused on IT policies and issues