Standards and Procedures on Promotion and Tenure FY2019
Chair: Jason Matejkowski, Social Welfare (2020)
Claudia Dozier, ABS, (2019)
Melanie DeRousse, Law (2020)
Bruce Frey, Education (2021)
Anil Misra, Civil/Environ/Arch Engineering, (2021)
Shawn Alexander, FacEx Representative
Chris Brown, Vice Provost, Faculty Development
FY2019 Charges Standards and Procedures on Promotion and Tenure
Approved by FacEx: May 24, 2018
Approved by Faculty Senate: September 6, 2018
For further information or to schedule a meeting with FacEx to discuss charges or the committee’s work, contact FacEx Chair Kirk McClure.
- Minutes of each meeting should be e-mailed to the Governance Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) as they are approved. The minutes will be posted to the Governance web site.
- If the committee is recommending a change to university policy or rules, FacEx must officially receive that recommendation by April 2, 2019 in order to meet timeline requirements for full review by Governance.
- Please send a report of the committee’s actions on each of the charges, as well as any recommendations the committee wishes to make concerning charges or membership for the following academic year, to University Governance, at email@example.com, and submit the final report by April 15, 2019.
FY2019 Standing charges:
- Review department and school criteria and procedures for promotion and tenure pursuant to section 184.108.40.206 of the Faculty Senate Rules and Regulations for consistency with the requirements of Article VI of the rules and regulations, and approve criteria, guidelines, and procedures that are consistent with those requirements. Identify inconsistencies and coordinate with the Provost’s office to provide feedback to departments, the College, schools, and other administrative units to correct problems. Submit issues that cannot be resolved to FacEx as provided in section 220.127.116.11 (ongoing).
- Review guidelines and forms developed by the Provost, and procedures developed by the UCPT, pursuant to 18.104.22.168 for consistency with the requirements of Article VI of the rules and regulations, and identify problems or concerns. Provide comments to the Provost and UCPT, and report issues that cannot be resolved to FacEx as provided in section 22.214.171.124 (ongoing).
- Promote and facilitate compliance with the standards and procedural requirements of Article VI of the Faculty Senate Rules and Regulations by maintaining and disseminating guidance documents for departments, the College, schools, and other administrative units (ongoing).
- Monitor the implementation of Faculty Senate Rules and Regulations concerning Promotion and Tenure. Identify issues and problems as they arise and report recommendations to FacEx as needed (ongoing).
- In coordination with the Policy Office, annually review technical modifications to Promotion and Tenure polices submitted to the Policy Library.
FY2019 Specific charges:
- Work with the Vice Provost for Faculty Development on changes to software and systems used to record faculty progress and to prepare promotion and tenure dossiers.
- Work with Units that have Unclassified Academic Staff, to development promotion and tenure criteria.