Organization and Administration FY2015
Organization and Administration: (O&A) This committee considers and develops proposals concerning the structure and operation of university governance, reviews proposals for amendment to the University Senate Code and other documents to ensure consistency of language and format, and address particular issues relating to the structure and operation of governance as they arise.
Chair: Chris Anderson, Business (2015)
Mikhail Medvedev, Physics and Astronomy (2017)
Z. Charlie Zheng, Aerospace Engineering (2017)
Aaron Clopton, HSES (2017)
Mohamed El-Hodiri, Economics (2015)
John Hachmeister, Visual Art, (2016)
Heidi Hallman, Curriculum & Teaching, (2016)
Becky Linville, email@example.com, Student, Vice Chair
Caleb Bobo, firstname.lastname@example.org, Student
Brent Lee, email@example.com, Student
Kevin Lee, Journalism, Unclassified (2016)
Amanda Henry, Research Information Systems, Unclassified, (2017)
Janet Phillips, Financial Aid & Scholarships, University Support Staff, (2016)
Tanya Spacek, University Support Staff (2017)
Approved by SenEx: May 27, 2014
Approved by University Senate: September 11, 2014
- For further information or to schedule a meeting with SenEx to discuss charges or the committee’s work, contact SenEx Chair Jonathan Mayhew at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Minutes of each meeting should be e-mailed to the Governance Office (email@example.com) as they are approved. The minutes will be posted to the Governance web site.
- If the committee is recommending a change to university policy or rules, SenEx must officially receive that recommendation by 3/24/15 in order to meet timeline requirements for full review by Governance.
- Please send a report of the committee’s actions on each of the charges, as well as any recommendations the committee wishes to make concerning charges or membership for the following academic year, to University Governance, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the names of committee members and submit the report by April 1, 2015. If the committee still expects to conduct business after April 1, please submit a report by April 1 and later submit any addenda that may be appropriate.
- Be prepared to assist SenEx with the codification of proposed changes to the University Senate Code and/or the University Senate Rules and Regulations. (ongoing)
The committee did not have action items in FY015.