International Affairs FY2016
International Affairs: This committee works to improving the international dimension of KU by expanding opportunities and monitoring success of incoming international students and by promoting, expanding, and enhancing opportunities for KU students, faculty, and staff to have international experiences.
The Committee on International Affairs shall be composed of four faculty members serving staggered three-year terms, two representatives from the staff serving staggered three-year terms, two student members serving one-year terms, and the following ex-officio, non-voting member the Associate Vice Provost for International Programs or designee.
Chair: Geraldo Sousa, English (2016)
Faculty: Melissa Birch, Business, Faculty (2018)
Faculty: Antha Cotten-Spreckelmeyer, Humanities & Western Civ (2016)
Faculty: Celka Straugh, Spencer Museum of Art (2018)
Staff: Peter Haney, Center for Latin American Studies, Staff (2016)
Staff: Alexis McKinley Jones, Study Abroad (2018)
Student & Vice Chair: Nanyi Deng, firstname.lastname@example.org
Student: Saharat Peampongsant, email@example.com
Ex-officio, Susan Gronbeck-Tedesco, Associate Vice Provost, International Programs
Approved by SenEx: May 27, 2015
Approved by University Senate: September 10, 2015
- For further information or to schedule a meeting with SenEx to discuss charges or the committee’s work, contact SenEx Chair Michael Williams firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Minutes of each meeting should be e-mailed to the Governance Office (email@example.com) as they are approved. The minutes will be posted to the Governance web site.
- If the committee is recommending a change to university policy or rules, SenEx must officially receive that recommendation by March 29, 2016 in order to meet timeline requirements for full review by Governance.
- Please send a report of the committee’s actions on each of the charges, as well as any recommendations the committee wishes to make concerning charges or membership for the following academic year, to University Governance, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and submit the final report by April 15, 2016.
- Hear reports on strategic planning and activities from IP units, suggest changes or new directions, and facilitate collaboration among faculty and administrative units.
- Review and provide input on new policies that relate to international research and teaching.
- Identify concerns or issues for discussion and action related to KU's international affairs from students, faculty, and staff.
1. Monitor the KU Academic Accelerator Program and the partnership between KU and Shorelight. Collect data on the success of students in the program and share specific data with SenEx. Report to SenEx by December 1, 2015.