Faculty Compensation FY2017
This committee monitors issues and develop proposals surrounding the levels and distribution of faculty salaries, services and other benefits, communicates with faculty and administration concerning personnel policies affecting faculty.
Membership: 6 members of the Faculty appointed for staggered three-year terms and an ex-officio representative from the Office of the Provost.
Co-Chair Robert Schwaller, History, (2019)
Co-Chair Sara Wilson, Mechanical Engineering (2017)
Arlene Barry, Curriculum & Teaching (2017)
Susan King, HSES, (2018)
Hossein Saiedian, Engineering, (2019)
Margaret Marco, Music, (2019)
Ex-officio member, Mary Lee Hummert, Vice Provost, Faculty Development
FY2017 FACULTY COMPENSATION COMMITTEE
Approved by FacEx: June 1, 2016
Approved by Faculty Senate: September 8, 2016
- For further information or to schedule a meeting with FacEx to discuss charges or the committee’s work, contact FacEx Chair Pam Keller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Minutes of each meeting should be e-mailed to the Governance Office (email@example.com) as they are approved. The minutes will be posted to the Governance web site.
- If the committee is recommending a change to university policy or rules, FacEx must officially receive that recommendation by March 7, 2017 in order to meet timeline requirements for full review by Governance.
- Please send a report of the committee’s actions on each of the charges, as well as any recommendations the committee wishes to make concerning charges or membership for the following academic year, to University Governance, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and submit the final report by April 14, 2017.
- Continue to monitor the level and distribution of faculty salaries to identify issues and concerns. Report issues, problems, and recommendations to FacEx (ongoing).
- Continue the cooperative communication between the Chairs of the Planning and Resources and Faculty Compensation committees to facilitate coordination on issues of mutual concern. Report issues and recommendations to FacEx (ongoing).
- Continue to work with OIRP to obtain quantitative analysis of salary compression in libraries.
- Continue to work with OIRP to obtain quantitative analysis of faculty salaries and library faculty salaries for each school or discipline within KU. Compare individual school and discipline data with peer institutions and provide a report.
- Review standing charges and recommend whether there are issues of faculty compensation other than salaries that could be examined by this committee (such as benefits or resources).