Restricted Research FY2019
Chair: Eduardo Rosa-Molinar, Biomedical Services, (2019)
Vincent Bark, Business (2021)
Gene Rankey, Geology (2021)
Elizabeth MacGonagle, African & African-American Studies (2021)
Christoph Royon, Physics and Astronomy (2019)
Allan Pasco, French & Italian (2020)
Susan MacNally, Interim Director, Research Integrity
Ex-Officio: Becci Akin, Social Welfare, Chair, Faculty Senate Research Committee
FY2019 Charges Restricted Research
Approved by FacEx: May 24, 2018
Approved by Faculty Senate: September 6, 2018
For further information or to schedule a meeting with FacEx to discuss charges or the committee’s work, contact FacEx Chair Kirk McClure .
- Minutes of each meeting should be e-mailed to the Governance Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) as they are approved. The minutes will be posted to the Governance web site.
- If the committee is recommending a change to university policy or rules, FacEx must officially receive that recommendation by April 2, 2019 in order to meet timeline requirements for full review by Governance.
- Please send a report of the committee’s actions on each of the charges, as well as any recommendations the committee wishes to make concerning charges or membership for the following academic year, to University Governance, at email@example.com, and submit the final report by April 15, 2019.
FY2019 Standing charges:
- Pursuant to the university’s restricted research policy (FSRR Article IX), review and, if appropriate under that policy, approve proposals for exceptions to the university policy against engaging in research that is subject to restrictions on the transparency of data or the dissemination of results.
- Publish each of the Committee’s recommendations in a notice to the Faculty Senate Research Committee in a timely manner. The notice shall include:
a. Title of project;
b. Name of principal investigator or project director;
c. Source or sources of funds for support of project;
d. Action by the Restricted Research Committee as to approval or
e. If approved, a short statement of justification for the proposed research in terms of the purposes of the University and in the light of the criteria for approval as listed in FSRR Article IX. Section 4. D.: If disapproved, a short statement of the reasons for rejection.
- Make an annual report to the Faculty Senate Executive Committee, listing each restrictive grant or contract considered during the year, to include references to all information identified in FSRR Article IX. Section 4.C. 2.
FY2019 University Governance Recommendations: Pursuant to FSRR the charge always remains the same.