Nomination For Election to Faculty Senate 2019
University Governance provides an opportunity for faculty to have a voice in University policy and procedures. As we have seen in the last several years, many important issues continue to come to the attention of the Faculty Senate. Your voice makes a difference.
KU faculty members have a strong tradition of governance participation and leadership through the Faculty Senate. I encourage you to continue this tradition by nominating yourself or a colleague to Faculty Senate. Representation is needed from all disciplines.
Members elected to Faculty Senate are also members of the University Senate. The term of service is one to three years. Please see the list of faculty continuing on University/Faculty Senate as well as those not eligible to serve because their terms have ended within the last two years. Faculty members who accept nomination to Senate must be available on Thursday afternoons between 3:15 and 5:00 p.m. The Senate usually meets once a month in the fall and twice a month in the spring.
The Faculty Senate shall include at all times at least one member of the faculty from the College, from each school of the university, and from the libraries.
The following persons are eligible for election to the Faculty Senate:
1) those members of the teaching faculty and of the library faculty who possess tenure;
2) those nontenured members of the faculty of the rank of assistant professor, associate professor, or professor; nontenured members of the faculty with full-time appointment to the rank of instructor or lecturer; members of the library faculty of equivalent rank; unclassified academic staff who possess the terminal degree appropriate to their academic discipline.
Nominate yourself or another person.
- Nominees will be contacted regarding their willingness and eligibility to serve.
- Election ballots will be e-mailed to the faculty during the week of March 26, 2018.
- List of continuing members, and those not eligible for re-election.
This form may be sent electronically by using the submit button at the bottom of the page, or you may e-mail your nominations to email@example.com, or send names via campus mail to University Governance, 33 Strong Hall.
Deadline: March 9, 2018