Standards and Procedures on Promotion and Tenure FY2015
Under the newly revised standards and procedures for promotion and tenure (FSRR Article VI), this committee provides guidance for units in the development of unit level promotion and tenure criteria and procedures and reviews those documents for ensure compliance with university requirements.
Membership: shall be composed of six members of the faculty appointed for staggered three-year terms. The Vice Provost for Faculty Development and a representative from the Faculty Executive Committee shall serve as ex-officio, non-voting members of the committee.
Chair: William Keel, Germanic Languages (2015)
Peter Gegenheimer, Molecular Biosciences (2015) (reappointed to 3year term)
Matthew Jacobson, Film and Media Studies (2015)
Susan Craig, Libraries (2015)
Rajendra Srivastava Business, (2016)
Ex-officio: Tom Beisecker, Communications Studies, FacEx Representative
Marta Caminero-Santangelo, Interim Vice Provost, Faculty Development
Approved by FacEx: June 3, 2014
Approved by Faculty Senate: September 11, 2014
For further information or to schedule a meeting with FacExto discuss charges or the committee’s work, contact FacEx Chair Jim Carothers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minutes of each meeting should be e-mailed to the Governance Office (email@example.com) as soon as they are approved. The minutes will be posted to the Governance web site.
If the committee is recommending a change to university policy or rules, FacEx must officially receive that recommendation by 03/24/15 in order to meet timeline requirements for full review by Governance.
Please send a report of the committee’s actions on each of the charges, as well as any recommendations the committee wishes to make concerning charges or membership for the following academic year, to University Governance, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the names of committee members and submit the report by April 1, 2015. If the committee still expects to conduct business after April 1, please submit a report by April 1 and later submit any addenda that may be appropriate.
1. Review department and school criteria and procedures for promotion and tenure pursuant to section 184.108.40.206 of the Faculty Senate Rules and Regulations for consistency with the requirements of Article VI of the rules and regulations, and approve criteria, guidelines, and procedures that are consistent with those requirements. Identify inconsistencies and coordinate with the Provost’s office to provide feedback to departments, the College, schools, and other administrative units to correct problems. Submit issues that cannot be resolved to FacEx as provided in section 220.127.116.11 (ongoing).
2. Review guidelines and forms developed by the Provost, and procedures developed by the UCPT pursuant to 18.104.22.168 for consistency with the requirements of Article VI of the rules and regulations, and identify problems or concerns. Provide comments to the Provost and UCPT, and report issues that cannot be resolved to FacEx as provided in section 22.214.171.124 (ongoing).
3. Promote and facilitate compliance with the standards and procedural requirements of Article VI of the Faculty Senate Rules and Regulations by maintaining and disseminating guidance documents for departments, the College, schools, and other administrative units (ongoing).
4. Monitor the implementation of Faculty Senate Rules and Regulations concerning Promotion and Tenure. Identify issues and problems as they arise and report recommendations to FacEx as needed (ongoing).
5. In coordination with the Policy Office, annually review technical modifications to Promotion and Tenure polices submitted to the Policy Library.