Organization and Administration FY2018
Organization and Administration: (O&A) This committee considers and develops proposals concerning the structure and operation of university governance, reviews proposals for amendment to the University Senate Code and other documents to ensure consistency of language and format, and address particular issues relating to the structure and operation of governance as they arise.
The Committee on Organization and Administration shall be composed of seven faculty members serving staggered three-year terms, four representatives from the staff serving staggered three-year terms, and three students serving one-year terms.
Chair: Anthony Walton, Geology, (2018)
Faculty: Forrest Pierce, Music, (2019)
Faculty: Emily Rauscher, Sociology (2019)
Faculty: Meredith Schnug, Law, (2019)
Faculty: Dennis Grauer, Pharmacy Practice (2020)
Faculty: Bruce Frey, Educational Psychology (2020)
Faculty: Angela Rathmel, Libraries (2020)
Staff: Amy Bell, Business (2018)
Staff: Shaunna Price, Special Education (2019)
Staff: Kadian Leslie, Research (2020)
Staff: Kim Conard, SSC, (2020)
Student & Vice Chair: Trey Duran, email@example.com
Student: Louis Mwangi, firstname.lastname@example.org
Approved by SenEx: June 1, 2017
Approved by University Senate: September 7, 2017
· For further information or to schedule a meeting with SenEx to discuss charges or the committee’s work, contact SenEx Chair Suzanne Shontz email@example.com
· Minutes of each meeting should be e-mailed to the Governance Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) as they are approved. The minutes will be posted to the Governance web site
· If the committee is recommending a change to university policy or rules, SenEx must officially receive that recommendation by March 13, 2018 in order to meet timeline requirements for full review by Governance.
· Please send a report of the committee’s actions on each of the charges, as well as any recommendations the committee wishes to make concerning charges or membership for the following academic year, to University Governance, at email@example.com, and submit the final report by April 13, 2018.
1. Be prepared to assist SenEx with the codification of proposed changes to the University Senate Code and/or the University Senate Rules and Regulations. (ongoing)