International Affairs FY2015
International Affairs: This committee works to improving the international dimension of KU by expanding opportunities and monitoring success of incoming international students and by promoting, expanding, and enhancing opportunities for KU students, faculty, and staff to have international experiences.
Chair: Geraldo Sousa, English (2016)
Aaron Scurto, Chemical & Petroleum Engr, (2015)
Antha Cotten-Spreckelmeyer, Humanities & Western Civ (2016)
Glen Adams, Psychology (2016)
Peter Haney, Center for Latin American Studies, Unclassified Representative (2016)
Dave Weakley, Kansas Unions-Campus Dining, University Support Staff Representative (2016)
Sam Eastes, email@example.com, Student
Andres Hernandez, firstname.lastname@example.org, Student
ex-officio, Susan Gronbeck-Tedesco, Associate Vice Provost, International Programs
Approved by SenEx: May 27, 2014
Approved by University Senate: September 11, 2014
- For further information or to schedule a meeting with SenEx to discuss charges or the committee’s work, contact SenEx Chair Jonathan Mayhew at email@example.com.
- Minutes of each meeting should be e-mailed to the Governance Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) as they are approved. The minutes will be posted to the Governance web site.
- If the committee is recommending a change to university policy or rules, SenEx must officially receive that recommendation by 3/24/15 in order to meet timeline requirements for full review by Governance.
- Please send a report of the committee’s actions on each of the charges, as well as any recommendations the committee wishes to make concerning charges or membership for the following academic year, to University Governance, at email@example.com. Please include the names of committee members and submit the report by April 1, 2015. If the committee still expects to conduct business after April 1, please submit a report by April 1 and later submit any addenda that may be appropriate.
- Hear reports on strategic planning and activities from IP units, suggest changes or new directions, and facilitate collaboration among faculty and administrative units.
- Review and provide input on new policies that relate to international research and teaching.
- Identify concerns or issues for discussion and action related to KU's international affairs from students, faculty, and staff.
1. Monitor the KU Academic Accelerator Program and the partnership between KU and Shorelight, and report to SenEx.