International Affairs FY2020
Chair: Peter Ukpokodu, African/African American Studies (2021)
Faculty: Virginia Harper Ho, Law (2021)
Faculty: Kwangok Song, C&T (2022)
Faculty: Whitney Baker, Libraries (2022)
Staff: Billie Archer (2021)
Staff: Aramis Watson (2022)
Voting, Student: Humberto Salinas Gomez
Voting, Student: Jessy Ayestas
Charlie Bankart, Associate Vice Provost, International Programs
Approved by SenEx: May 28, 2019
Approved by University Senate: September 12, 2019
For further information or to schedule a meeting with SenEx to discuss charges or the committee’s work, contact SenEx Chair Suzanne Valdez.
- Minutes of each meeting should be e-mailed to the Governance Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) as they are approved. The minutes will be posted to the Governance web site.
- If the committee is recommending a change to university policy or rules, SenEx must officially receive that recommendation by March 24, 2020 in order to meet timeline requirements for full review by Governance.
- Please send a report of the committee’s actions on each of the charges, as well as any recommendations the committee wishes to make concerning charges or membership for the following academic year, to University Governance, at email@example.com, and submit the final report by April 17, 2020.
FY2020 Standing charges:
- Develop contact with the leadership of International Student Association and organizations and internationa
- Continue to review and as needed make recommendations on how the University may better accommodate access of International Student’s to supportive services.
- As needed review and provide input on new policies that relate to international research and teaching.
- As needed review and provide input on new policies that relate to international studies, research, and teaching, received from SenEx.
FY2020 Specific charges:
- Review the committee recommendations from the FY2019 Final Report regarding Graduate Studies Admissions Policy. Meet with Graduate Studies regarding the recommendations, to determine if they are feasible.
- Determine international student retention rate over the past three years. Compare retention rates of direct recruitment international students with Shorelight international students.
- Request an update from the KUIA units, focusing on an assessment of the effectiveness of the new structure and responsibilities and on possible further improvements/changes.