International Affairs FY2019
Chair:Kapila Silva, Architecture, (2019)
Faculty: Virginia Harper Ho, Law (2021)
Faculty: Peter Ukpokodu, African/African American Studies (2021)
Faculty: Manuela Gonzalez-Bueno, Curriculum & Teaching (2019)
Staff: Billie Archer (2021)
Staff: Seth Brooks, Transition to Postsecondary Education (2019)
Voting, Student: Humberto Salinas, email@example.com
Voting, Student: Arianna Chavarria
Charlie Bankart, Associate Vice Provost, International Programs
FY2019 INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS COMMITTEE CHARGES
Approved by SenEx: May 21, 2018
Approved by University Senate: September 6, 2018
For further information or to schedule a meeting with SenEx to discuss charges or the committee’s work, contact SenEx Chair Ruben Flores.
- Minutes of each meeting should be e-mailed to the Governance Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) as they are approved. The minutes will be posted to the Governance web site.
- If the committee is recommending a change to university policy or rules, SenEx must officially receive that recommendation by March 26, 2019 in order to meet timeline requirements for full review by Governance.
- Please send a report of the committee’s actions on each of the charges, as well as any recommendations the committee wishes to make concerning charges or membership for the following academic year, to University Governance, at email@example.com, and submit the final report by April 15, 2019.
FY2019 Standing charges:
- Work with the Student Senate DEI Committee to exchange ideas and plan for coordinated outreach and effective communication with international students. Develop relationships with the leadership of international student organizations as well as international student senators.
- Continue to review and as needed make recommendations on how the University may better accommodate access of International Student’s to supportive services.
- Hear reports on strategic planning and activities from IP units, suggest changes or new directions, and facilitate collaboration among faculty and administrative units.
- As needed review and provide input on new policies that relate to international research and teaching.
- As needed review and provide input on new policies that relate to international studies, research, and teaching, received from SenEx.
FY2019 Specific Charges:
- Compare international enrollment at similar institutions with and without programs similar to Shorelight.
- Explore federal changes to visa document requirements and graduate admissions to professional schools.
- Examine the effects of the new smoking policy on international students.