Faculty Compensation FY2014
This committee monitors issues and develop proposals surrounding the levels and distribution of faculty salaries, services and other benefits, communicates with faculty and administration concerning personnel policies affecting faculty, and coordinates with the Planning and Resources Committee concerning faculty compensation and the budgetary processes.
Membership: 6 members of the Faculty appointed for staggered three-year terms and an ex-officio representative from the Office of the Provost.
Chair: Donna Ginther, Economics, (2014)
Cindy Colwell Dunn, Music (2014)
Ron Hui, EECS (2014)
Peter Chun, Music, (2016)
Jorge Perez, Spanish & Portuguese (2016)
John Keating, Economics (2016)
Ex-officio member, Mary Lee Hummert, Office of the Provost
FY-14 FACULTY COMPENSATION COMMITTEE
Approved by FacEx: June 17, 2013
Approved by Faculty Senate: September 12, 2013
- For further information or to schedule a meeting with FacEx to discuss charges or the committee’s work, contact FacEx chair Chris Steadham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Minutes of each meeting should be e-mailed to the Governance Office (email@example.com) as they are approved. The minutes will be posted to the Governance web site.
- If the committee is recommending a change to university policy or rules, FacEx must officially receive that recommendation by 03/25/14 in order to meet timeline requirements for full review by Governance.
- Please send a report of the committee’s actions on each of the charges, as well as any recommendations the committee wishes to make concerning charges or membership for the following academic year, to University Governance, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the names of committee members and submit the report by April 1, 2014. If the committee still expects to conduct business after April 1, please submit a report by April 1 and later submit any addenda that may be appropriate.
- Continue to monitor the level and distribution of faculty salaries to identify issues and concerns. Report issues, problems, and recommendations to FacEx (ongoing).
- Continue the cooperative communication between the Chairs of the Planning and Resources and Faculty Compensation committees to facilitate coordination on issues of mutual concern. Report issues and recommendations to FacEx (ongoing).
- Drawing upon the work of the Tuition Assistance Task Force, and in coordination with the Planning and Resources Committee, consider how an expanded tuition assistance policy might affect faculty compensation, recruitment, and retention. Consider which Task Force recommendations might be prioritized if a phased or incremental approach is pursued. Report findings and recommendations to FacEx.
- Consider how current online education initiatives might affect faculty compensation, recruitment, and retention. Report issues and findings to FacEx.
- Consider how the issues of “salary caps” and salary compression might affect faculty compensation, recruitment, and retention. Report issues and findings to FacEx.