Faculty Rights Board-FRB
Chair: Chris Steadham, Law Library, (2020)
FacEx Rep: Sanjay Mishra, Business (2020)
Megan Greene, History, (2021)
Bozenna Pasik-Duncan, Mathematics (2020)
Berl Oakley, Molecular Biosciences, AAUP representative (2021)
FY2020 Faculty Rights Board-FRB
Approved by FacEx: June 7, 2019
Approved by Faculty Senate: September 12, 2019
For further information or to schedule a meeting with FacEx to discuss charges or the committee’s work, contact FacEx Chair Shawn Alexander.
- Minutes of each meeting should be e-mailed to the Governance Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) as they are approved. The minutes will be posted to the Governance web site.
- If the committee is recommending a change to university policy or rules, FacEx must officially receive that recommendation by March 31, 2020 in order to meet timeline requirements for full review by Governance.
- Please send a report of the committee’s actions on each of the charges, as well as any recommendations the committee wishes to make concerning charges or membership for the following academic year, to University Governance, at email@example.com, and submit the final report by April 17, 2020.
FY2020 Standing charges:
- Hear promptly all concerns and claims brought to the attention of the committee by members of the faculty regarding faculty rights, including promotion, tenure, non-reappointment, and academic freedom, pursuant to Article XIII, Section 3 of the University Senate Code and Article VI of the FSRR. Report issues or problems of concern to governance to FacEx, with due regard for the confidentiality of individual cases (ongoing).
FY2020 Specific charges:
- Review the revised Appeals From Administrative Actions received from FacEx, date TBD.
- Review the revised Hearing Procedures for Cases of the Dismissal of Tenured Faculty received from FacEx, date TBD.