Calendar Committee FY2020
Chair: Mazhar Arikan, Business, (2020)
Faculty: Laurie Ramirez, Social Welfare, (2021)
Faculty: Nyla Branscombe, Psychology (2022)
Faculty: Julia Broxholm, Music (2021)
Staff: Wendy Bridges, Office Event Mgmt. & Protocol (2021)
Staff: Nhan, Nguyen, Research, (2020)
Registrars Office: Tiffany Robinson
Student: Zach Thomason
Student: Seth Wingerter
Student: Addison Henson
Approved by SenEx: May 28, 2019
Approved by University Senate: September 12, 2019
For further information or to schedule a meeting with SenEx to discuss charges or the committee’s work, contact SenEx Chair Suzanne Valdez.
- Minutes of each meeting should be e-mailed to the Governance Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) as they are approved. The minutes will be posted to the Governance web site.
- If the committee is recommending a change to university policy or rules, SenEx must officially receive that recommendation by March 24, 2019 in order to meet timeline requirements for full review by Governance.
- Please send a report of the committee’s actions on each of the charges, as well as any recommendations the committee wishes to make concerning charges or membership for the following academic year, to University Governance, at email@example.com, and submit the final report by April 17, 2020.
FY2020 Standing charges:
- Monitor compliance with University Senate Rules and Regulations 1.3.2 concerning final examinations, including: (a) ensuring that adequate arrangements are made each semester to inform students and faculty through the Schedule of Classes about the regulations governing final examinations, and the appropriate procedures to be followed if questions arise about the application of the regulations; (b) informing the teaching faculty and GTAs, via an e-mail from the chair, one week before the beginning of each semester (in August and January) of these regulations and their rationale; and (c) considering requests for exceptions, as provided in the regulations. Report actions taken on these matters to SenEx. (ongoing)
- Monitor compliance with University Senate Rules and Regulations 1.4.2 concerning the scheduling of examinations outside of regular class hours. Following the committee’s established procedures, approve or disapprove applications for tests other than final examinations to be held at times other than regular class hours. Report actions taken on these matters to SenEx.
- FY2021 Committee: Update the five-year calendar. Report to SenEx by November 20, 2020. (When approved by University Senate, Governance will forward to Haskell Registrar)
FY2020 Specific charges:
- Compile questions for an online form that will be used when units are requesting exceptions of final and special exam times (USRR 1.3.2) and exceptions to Stop Day (USRR1.3.7) (University Governance will create form and post to website).
- Survey faculty, staff and students regarding replacing fall break days during the Thanksgiving week. (work with Governance Office to establish survey.)