Calendar Committee FY2019
Chair: Mary Fry, HSES, (2019)
Faculty: Laurie Ramirez, Social Welfare, (2021)
Faculty: Mazhar Arikan, Business, (2019)
Faculty: Julia Broxholm, Music (2021)
Staff: Wendy Bridges, Office Event Mgmt. & Protocol (2021)
Staff: Nhan, Nguyen, Research, (2020)
Registrars Office Interim: Tiffany Robinson
Student: Andrew Moore
Student: Max Schieber
Student: Molly Harrigan
FY2019 CALENDAR COMMITTEE CHARGES
Approved by SenEx: May 21, 2018
Approved by University Senate: September 6, 2018
For further information or to schedule a meeting with SenEx to discuss charges or the committee’s work, contact SenEx Chair Ruben Flores.
- Minutes of each meeting should be e-mailed to the Governance Office (email@example.com) as they are approved. The minutes will be posted to the Governance web site.
- If the committee is recommending a change to university policy or rules, SenEx must officially receive that recommendation by March 26, 2019 in order to meet timeline requirements for full review by Governance.
- Please send a report of the committee’s actions on each of the charges, as well as any recommendations the committee wishes to make concerning charges or membership for the following academic year, to University Governance, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and submit the final report by April 15, 2019.
FY2019 Standing charges:
- Monitor compliance with University Senate Rules and Regulations 1.3.2 concerning final examinations, including: (a) ensuring that adequate arrangements are made each semester to inform students and faculty through the Schedule of Classes about the regulations governing final examinations, and the appropriate procedures to be followed if questions arise about the application of the regulations; (b) informing the teaching faculty and GTAs, via an e-mail from the chair, one week before the beginning of each semester (in August and January) of these regulations and their rationale; and (c) considering requests for exceptions, as provided in the regulations. Report actions taken on these matters to SenEx. (ongoing)
- Monitor compliance with University Senate Rules and Regulations 1.4.2 concerning the scheduling of examinations outside of regular class hours. Following the committee’s established procedures, approve or disapprove applications for tests other than final examinations to be held at times other than regular class hours. Report actions taken on these matters to SenEx.
- Update the five-year calendar. Report to SenEx by November 27, 2018.
FY2019 Specific Charges:
- Coordinate with Haskell Indian Nations University and other local schools on Commencement dates, particularly for the Spring semester (contact Governance for information).
- Explore the possibility of removing the fall break (Monday/Tuesday) and replacing it with a full-week break during the current Thanksgiving break in November. (Attached copy of KBOR approved academic calendars for 2019-2020, 2020-2021, 2021-2022)