Academic Policies and Procedures FY2019
Chair: Karen Moeller, Pharmacy Practice (2021)
Faculty: Nancy Jo Kepple, Social Welfare, (2019)
Faculty: Joo Ok Kim, American Studies, (2019)
Faculty: Martin Nedbal, Music (2020)
Faculty: Joe Walden, Business (2020)
Staff: Sarah Jean Coughlan, Public Safety (2019)
Staff: Matt Deakyne, IT (2020)
Voting, Student: Christopher Mason, firstname.lastname@example.org
Voting, Student: TBD, email@example.com
Voting, Graduate Student: Caleb Schafer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jason O’Connor, Business, Undergraduate Advising Executive Committ
Tiffany Robinson, University Registrar designee
Karen Ledom, Director of Student Academic Services in the CLAS
Amber Roberts Graham, Graduate Studies
FY2019 ACADEMIC POLICIES & PROCEDURES COMMITTEE (AP&P) CHARGES
Approved by SenEx: May 21, 2018
Approved by University Senate: September 6, 2018
For further information or to schedule a meeting with SenEx to discuss charges or the committee’s work, contact SenEx Chair Ruben Flores.
- Minutes of each meeting should be e-mailed to the Governance Office (email@example.com) as they are approved. The minutes will be posted to the Governance web site.
- If the committee is recommending a change to university policy or rules, SenEx must officially receive that recommendation by March 26, 2019 in order to meet timeline requirements for full review by Governance.
- Please send a report of the committee’s actions on each of the charges, as well as any recommendations the committee wishes to make concerning charges or membership for the following academic year, to University Governance, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and submit the final report by April 15, 2019
FY2019 Standing charges:
- Be prepared to respond to SenEx requests for reviews of academic policy issues. (ongoing)
- Monitor proposals for academic program restructuring and discontinuance, hold hearings, and follow other procedures in accordance with Article VIII of the University Senate Rules and Regulations. Report issues or recommendations for action to SenEx. (ongoing)
- Consider input from Student Senate on desired changes to academic policies. (ongoing)
- FY2021 Committee – Review the University of Kansas’ Financial Exigency policy found in USRR, Art VII. (See Governance Office for information.) It was last reviewed by AP&P in FY16 and they did not suggest any changes at that time. USRR 7.5.1 states that “Every five years after the official acceptance of this document by the Chancellor, it shall be reviewed by the University administration and by AP&P. Either group may then suggest revisions to the document.” Any changes to the policy would ultimately go to the University Senate for a vote.
FY2019 Specific Charges:
- Make recommendations to avoid student errors when enrolling in variable credit hour courses. Report to SenEx by: November 27, 2018